| Interdistrict Transfer
(Out of District)
transfers are from one DISTRICT
to another DISTRICT
. Due to the passage of Assembly Bill 2444 in 2010, parents who wish their child to remain at the same school for which the previous transfer was approved no longer need to complete a new application form for the next year.
*** NEW INCOMING INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER REQUESTS - Parents/students who wish to attend LGSD but live in another school district must first complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) and obtain a signature of approval from their district of residence before submitting the application to LGSD.
||Click Here to download the Interdistrict Transfer Application
Applications must be submitted to LGSD at 8025 Lincoln Street, Lemon Grove, CA 91945 between January 9 - March 17, 2017.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned and will need to be resubmitted with all required documents.
|Timeframe for District Response
- The district will notify the parent/guardian by mail of their decision within timeframes specified below.
- Education Code 46601 provides the following timeframes for notifications:
- For requests submitted during the regular school year, districts shall respond within 30 days of submitting the request.
- For requests submitted for admission in the subsequent school year up to 30 days prior to the start of the subsequent regular school year, districts shall respond within 14 calendar days of the start of the subsequent school year.
- While your application is pending, the pupil must attend school in the district of residence, a charter school, a private school, or other option complying with California compulsory education requirements.
- Important notification dates:
- April 28, 2017 – First round of transfers will be approved
- June 16, 2017 – Second round of transfers will be approved
- August 30, 2017 – Final round of transfers will be approved
- Parents will be notified by mail or email if a transfers has been approved. If you do not receive an affirmative notification within two weeks of one of the approval dates noted above, your student has not been approved for a transfer. Your student will remain on the waiting list for consideration at the next transfer approval date. If your transfer application has not been approved on or before August 30, 2017, you will receive a written denial.
* Pertinent Parent Information *
Please note that space fills up quickly at Mt. Vernon Elementary
as it is a Spanish/English Dual Immersion Academy.
OUTGOING TRANSFER REQUESTS- Parents/students who live within LGSD and wish to attend a school in another school district must complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) form and submit it to LGSD and obtain a signature releasing the student from LGSD prior to submitting the application to the desired district. Outgoing transfer requests may also be submitted via email to Mike Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADUATING STUDENTS - Students who live within the district that are graduating from elementary school to middle school must submit a new Intradistrict Transfer Request form if they wish to attend a middle school other than the school of residence.
STUDENTS WHO MOVE - If you have moved or plan to move into a new boundary area and wish to have your child remain at his/her current school, you will need to submit an Interdistrict Attendance Permit form for consideration.
OVERFLOW STUDENTS - All overflow students (students who attended a school other than their home school due to overcrowding at their home school) may remain at that school for the 2017-2018 school year without submitting another transfer. Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent. For additional information regarding student transfers, you may contact Dr. Bobbi Burkett at (619) 825-5623 or email email@example.com
PRESCHOOL - Questions regarding preschool should be directed to (619) 825-5720.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN - Questions regarding transfers for Transitional Kindergarten should be directed to the Director, Educational Services at (619) 825-5727.
TK AND KINDERGARTEN - Incoming students must be potty trained before submitting an application.
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND (NCLB) – Questions regarding NCLB should be directed to the Director, Educational Services at (619) 825-5727.