Extended Day Program
2017-2018 Registration Session
Application Period: March 28, 2017- April 6, 2017
How to Apply:
Every family interested in participating in the Lemon Grove School District's Extended Day Program (E.D.P.) during the 2017-2018 school year must attend one E.D.P. Registration Session to be considered for enrollment: This includes:
- Children currently enrolled in the E.D.P. during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Children on the 2016-2017 waitlist.
- Any other Kindergarten through seventh grade student who is enrolled in the Lemon Grove School District desiring to participate in the 2017-2018 E.D.P.
E.D.P. Registration Session:
Parents/Guardians may arrive anytime between the hours of 2:00-5:30 pm to complete an E.D.P. registration packet. Please attend the registration session that is hosted at your child's home school. If you are unable to do so, you may register your child at any of the sessions listed below.
LEMON GROVE ACADEMY- ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE: Tuesday, March 28, 2017-Auditorium
MONTEREY HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY: Wednesday, March 29, 2017- Auditorium
MOUNT VERNON SCHOOL (K-8TH): Thursday, March 30, 2017- Auditorium
SAN ALTOS ELEMENTARY: Tuesday, April 4, 2017- Auditorium
SAN MIGUEL ELEMENTARY: Wednesday, April 5, 2017- Auditorium
VISTA LA MESA ACADEMY (K-8TH): Thursday, April 6, 2017- Auditorium
* The E.D.P. is FREE of charge to all students enrolled in the Lemon Grove School District. SPACE IS LIMITED!
* Before School: Programs are available at every school. The program opens one hour and 30 minutes before the regular school day begins.
* After School: Programs begin operating immediately after school is dismissed through 6:00 pm every day school is in session.
The EDP is open to transitional kindergarten through eighth grade students who are enrolled in the Lemon Grove School District. It is strongly recommended that kindergarten students be enrolled in a licensed childcare program rather than the E.D.P.
Enrollment in the E.D.P. is on a year-to-year basis! Students who are currently enrolled in the program or on a waitlist do NOT automatically rollover into the subsequent year's program. Every participant interested in utilizing the E.D.P. must re-apply every year to be considered for enrollment. Submitting an application at the registration session does NOT guarantee enrollment! Far more students will apply for the program than the allocated spots available. Space in the E.D.P. varies at each school and is based on the funding that is apportioned from the state. Once every program reaches capacity, waiting lists are established. Final rosters will be posted in front of each school office site on Tuesday June 6, 2017:
Pertinent information to BRING to the E.D.P. Registration Session:
- Emergency contact information (Authorized adults’ address and telephone numbers, as well as your student’s general medical information)
- Evidence of parent or guardian’s active military status, if applicable
- Evidence of parent or guardian’s full-time employment status, if applicable
- Evidence of parent or guardian’s full-time self-employment status, if applicable
- Evidence of parent or guardian’s full-time student status, if applicable
The EDP honors a "packaged-deal" system. We will ensure all siblings within an immediate family are admitted into the E.D.P. on the same start date, as long as every participant registered for the E.D.P. during the initial registration period.
1. Assembly Bill No. 1567: Beginning July 1, 2017, First priority enrollment goes to pupils who are identified as homeless youth, and/or being in foster care.
2. Second priority for enrollment will be given to students who attend the E.D.P. for the entire duration the program is in operation per the Late Arrival Form and/or Early Release Form. Priority is given to students who fully utilize the E.D.P. every day, full day! (One hour and thirty minutes before school begins and/or from the dismissal of school through 6:00 p.m.).
3. The total amount of points accrued on the application that was completed during the initial registration period. (Priority for enrollment will be given to applications rated with the maximum amount of points and last priority will be given to applications rated with zero points.)
4. Satisfactory behavior is a daily expectation and requirement. To be enrolled in the Extended Day Program is a privilege, not a right. ALL participants are expected to demonstrate satisfactory behavior at the E.D.P.!